IN THIS ARTICLE
The main symptoms of infection with the pubic lice of crabs are itching and burning of the pubic area.
The itching may spread as the pubic lice move to other moist areas of the body such as the armpit.
For many people who have crabs the itching is worse at night.
Intense or prolonged scratching may lead to skin injuries that may become infected by bacteria.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/27/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Crabs
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Revive Your Sex Drive
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?