IN THIS ARTICLE
To avoid a pubic lice re-infection or to avoid infection of other family members after successful medical treatment, all infested linens and clothes need to be washed in hot water that reaches at least 130 F (54.4 C). If you are unsure of the temperature of your hot water, take your belongings to a commercial laundry. Bed linens, towels, and other potentially contaminated textiles should be thoroughly disinfected. Items that cannot be laundered can be dry-cleaned or stored in a sealed plastic bag for two weeks.
Pubic lice are generally harmless, but people with sexually transmitted infections often have multiple infections, and other sexually transmitted infections that can be more dangerous.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/27/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Crabs
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Revive Your Sex Drive
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?