IN THIS ARTICLE
If untreated, itching and symptoms will continue. Eventually everyone within close contact with the infected individual will become infected and develop symptoms. If medication, combing, and hygiene are used properly, the infection should clear.
Be wary of re-infection. Continued contact will reintroduce the infection even after the home care measures are taken.
Medically reveiewed by Rambod Rouhbakhsh, MD, MBA, FAAFP; American Board of Family Medicine
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/27/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Crabs
- Can You Catch a Yeast Infection?
- Sex and Conception: Does Position Matter?
- Tips to Revive Your Sex Drive
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?