Viewer Comments: Crohn's Disease - Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Crohn's Disease:

Crohn's Disease - Diagnosis

How was Crohn's disease diagnosed in your case?

Comment from: Debra, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I was at home using the restroom and passed out. I had no symptoms whatsoever when my roommate came home and found me she thought I had tried to hurt myself. I was taken to the hospital where doctors did an ultrasound, then an exam and found a lot of deep tissue damage. I ended up have to get a blood transfusion because I lost a lot of blood. They took biopsies and came back and told me I had Crohn's disease. All in all, I was in the hospital for eight days.

Must Read Articles Related to Crohn Disease

Anal Abscess
Anal Abscess Anal abscesses include perirectal abscess and perianal abscess. Both types of abscesses need immediate medical attention. Causes of anal abscesses include indiv...learn more >>
Anatomy Involved in Crohn's Disease
Anatomy Involved in Crohn Disease The digestive system is made up of the digestive tract, which is a long series of organs, including the esophagus, the stomach, the small intestine, and the lar...learn more >>
Colitis
Colitis Colitis is an inflammation of the colon. There are many cause of colitis, infectious colitis (bacterial or viral), ischemic colitis, inflammatory bowel disease ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Crohn's Disease:

Crohn's Disease - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your Crohn's disease?

Crohn's Disease - Medications

What medications have been successful in treating Crohn's disease symptoms?

Crohn's Disease - Surgery

Please describe your experience with Crohn's disease and surgery.

Crohn's Disease - Experience

Please describe your experience with Crohn's disease.