Crohn's Disease (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Health Tools help you make wise health decisions or take action to improve your health.
The cause of Crohn's disease is unknown. This disease may result from an abnormal response by the body's immune system to normal intestinal bacteria.1 Disease-causing bacteria and viruses also may play a role.
Crohn's disease can run in families, so some people may be more likely than others to develop the condition when exposed to something that triggers an immune reaction. Environmental factors may also play a role in causing this disease.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Crohn's Disease Resources
- Are You Getting Enough Vitamin B12?
- Creating a Crohn's Disease Diet Plan
- How Much Do You Know About Crohn's Disease?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu