Cuts or Lacerations (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Follow-up for Cuts and Lacerations
Removal of your stitches is usually done at your doctor's office after 4-14 days.
Be gentle with a healing cut for the first six weeks. It takes that long for a wound to achieve about 80% of its final healed strength.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/31/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication