Font Size

Cyclospora Infection (Cyclosporiasis) (cont.)

When to Seek Medical Care

If a person has ingested the same food or water (liquid) that someone with a diagnosis of cyclosporiasis has ingested, or has been in an area where cyclosporiasis endemic, develop symptoms, they should seek medical care. Individuals with diarrhea lasting a week or more should seek medical care unless dehydration or weakness develops sooner.

Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/24/2015

Must Read Articles Related to Cyclospora Infection (Cyclosporiasis)

Diarrhea Diarrhea can be caused by bacterial or viral infections, parasites, intestinal diseases or conditions, reactions to medications, and food intolerance. Symptoms ...learn more >>
Vomiting and Nausea
Vomiting and Nausea Vomiting and nausea are common complaints that accompany many conditions and diseases. A few common causes of vomiting and nausea include food poisoning, viruse...learn more >>

Patient Comments & Reviews

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cyclospora:

Cyclospora Infection - Symptoms & Signs

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your Cyclospora infection?

Cyclospora Infection - Treatment

What treatment did you receive for your Cyclospora infection? How quickly did your infection clear up once treatment was started?

Medical Dictionary