- Small cysts or cysts in internal structures of the body
may not produce symptoms.
- Cysts in the skin or in tissues just beneath the skin
may be recognized as painless lumps or bumps.
- Cysts which can be felt may be hard or
- Sometimes it is possible to notice an increase in size of a cyst while in
other cases, the size will remain constant.
- It is often not possible to
distinguish a cyst from some other cause of tissue swelling simply by physical
- If cysts arise due to a serious
infection, tumor, or
chronic disease, the
symptoms depend on the location, type, and extent of the disease.
Must Read Articles Related to Cyst
The Bartholin's glands are located at the entrance to a woman's vagina, one on each side. They are small and cannot be seen or felt when they are normal. Their ...learn more >>
Breast Lumps and Pain
Breast changes are common. From the time a girl begins to develop breasts and begins menstruating and throughout life, women may experience various kinds of bre...learn more >>
Endometriosis is a common disorder of the female reproductive organs and is the leading cause of chronic pelvic pain in women. Examples of causes of endometrios...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cyst (Cysts):