Viewer Comments: Cystoscopy - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Cystoscopy:

Cystoscopy - Causes

What caused you to need a cystoscopy?

Comment from: Feather, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I had a frequent need to urinate. I had blood in my urine for two years and I decided I need to evaluate what is causing this, especially the onset of really urgent urination and severe pressure. I had an MRI last week with showed cysts, urethral diverticula and am having surgery to remove those and will be scoping the stomach at the same time via laparoscopy and possibly removing the ovary because of tumor.

Comment from: BLONDGOD, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 10

I was urinating a lo of blood and urinating was extremely painful.

Comment from: endosucks18, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I had a cystoscopy because I have endometriosis and they wanted to see if any had found it's way into my bladder.

Comment from: barima, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 30

55 years old. There was blood in my urine due to an enlarged prostate.

Comment from: gateway, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: May 31

A narrowing of the urine stream caused me to go for cystoscopy.

Comment from: ZIGABA, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: May 20

I have had a one time occurrent of what appeared to be blood in the urine. My urologist has ordered the cystoscopy for me.

Comment from: martdon, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 03

When I urinate I show a split stream. My urologist is looking for something that may be blocking the flow in my urethra. My prostrate was normal, and the cystoscopy was normal. I am showing bleeding one day later.

Comment from: me, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 18

Escalating level (from trace to 1+) of blood in urine samples over the past 18 months had my PCP send me to a urologist who is recommending a cystoscopy in addition to an ultrasound (renal) to investigate/evaluate possible causes.

Comment from: JW, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

Just had my 5th Cystoscopy. I get repeated bacterial & interstitial cystitis. This time I have had botox injected into the bladder walls to help prevent my bladder from shrinking and the walls from cracking.

Comment from: Jack, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

Repeated episodes of blood in urine, along with intense pain while trying to pass urine. Antibiotics seem to rectify the problem, but it keeps occuring when I finish the course of antibiotics. I've had four separate courses of antibiotics, and the pain and bleeding has returned within 2 to 3 days of finishing each couese. However I completed the last course nearly 6 weeks ago and so far all seems okay. I'm told by the urologist that the cystoscopy is to try and determine why the infection kept returning. I'm now wondering whether I should leasve well enough alone.

Must Read Articles Related to Cystoscopy

Bladder Cancer
Bladder Cancer Bladder cancer originate within the bladder. The bladder is a hollow organ within the body that stores and releases urine.learn more >>
Bladder Control Problems
Bladder Control Problems Bladder control problems, or urinary incontinence, affect over 13 million people in the U.S. Causes include urinary tract infection, overactive bladder, blocked...learn more >>
Blood in the Urine
Blood in the Urine (Hematuria) Blood in the urine (hematuria) can be associated with many conditions, some of which can be dangerous. Causes of blood in the urine include kidney stones, kidne...learn more >>