Dehydration in Adults (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Dehydration in Adults Prognosis
When dehydration is treated and the underlying cause identified, most people will recover normally. Dehydration caused by heat exposure, too much exercise, or decreased water intake is generally easy to manage, and the outcome is usually excellent. However, the prognosis worsens as the severity of dehydration increases and also depends on how well the underlying cause responds to appropriate treatment.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 7/7/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Dehydration in Adults
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dehydration (Adults):
Dehydration (Adults) - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your dehydration?
Dehydration (Adults) - Causes and Treatment
What was the cause of your dehydration and how was it treated?
- Why Cold Drinks Make Teeth Throb
- How Much Do You Know About Coffee?
- White or Red: Which is Worse for Migraines?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?