Dementia Due to HIV Infection (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Despite the widespread use of HAART, some people with HIV infection continue to develop AIDS dementia complex. Others do not tolerate HAART. For these people, the outlook is often poor. For many, the dementia worsens over a period of months until the person is no longer able to care for himself or herself. He or she becomes bedridden, unable to communicate, and dependent on others for care.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/5/2014
Florian P Thomas, MD, MA, PhD
Nestor Galvez-Jimenez, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Helmi L Lutsep, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Dementia Due to HIV Infection
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths About HIV and AIDS
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu