Dementia Due to HIV Infection (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Support Groups and Counseling
AIDS dementia complex can be one of the most difficult of all HIV/AIDS complications for you and those who care for you. The condition affects every aspect of your life, including family relationships, work, financial status, social life, and physical and mental health. You may feel overwhelmed, depressed, frustrated, angry, or resentful.
While understandable, these feelings do not help the situation and usually make it worse. This is why support groups were invented. Support groups are groups of people who have lived through the same difficult experiences and want to help themselves and others by sharing coping strategies.
Florian P Thomas, MD, MA, PhD
Nestor Galvez-Jimenez, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Helmi L Lutsep, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Dementia Due to HIV Infection
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths and Misconceptions About HIV and AIDS
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?