Dementia Due to HIV Infection (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Self-Care at Home
If you have AIDS dementia complex you should remain physically, mentally, and socially active as long as you are able.
A balanced and nutritious diet that includes plenty of fruits and vegetables helps maintain a healthy weight and prevent malnutrition and constipation. You should not smoke, both for health and safety reasons.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/5/2014
Florian P Thomas, MD, MA, PhD
Nestor Galvez-Jimenez, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Helmi L Lutsep, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Dementia Due to HIV Infection
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths About HIV and AIDS
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu