Dementia Due to HIV Infection (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Highly active antiretroviral therapy (HAART) can delay or prevent development of AIDS dementia complex in some people with HIV infection, especially if it is given early in the course of the disease. There is no other known way of preventing ADC.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 8/5/2014
Florian P Thomas, MD, MA, PhD
Nestor Galvez-Jimenez, MD
Francisco Talavera, PharmD, PhD
Helmi L Lutsep, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Dementia Due to HIV Infection
Resources for Staying Well
- HIV-AIDS: Myths and Facts
- Understanding The Symptoms of AIDS/HIV
- The Top 10 Myths and Misconceptions About HIV and AIDS
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?