Viewer Comments: Dental Abscess - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dental Abscess:

Dental Abscess - Symptoms

What were symptoms and signs of your dental abscess?

Comment from: DanniA, Female Published: May 13

I have an abscess just above my right-hand wisdom tooth. I am in a lot of pain finding it hard to swallow, my right cheek is swollen along with my gums. I am trying my best to get into an emergency dentist. As time is going on the pain is getting worse and I'm starting to get a fever with it. I haven't visited my local dentist for 6 years I am now 22 and I wish I hadn't left it for so long. After this abscess is sorted I have made a promise to myself I will re-register with my local dentist as I would like to avoid this pain in the future. And my advice to anybody who hasn't been to their local dentist for a while like me, get registered now as this pain is something I would not like to go through again.

Comment from: shar, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 20

Two years ago I had on and off pain and swelling in lower jaw/gums every four months. I went to a dentist to get it checked. He said I had a hole in my tooth and needed to get it filled. I went along with that advice and regretted it. Two weeks later I went to a different dentist begging to rip the tooth out it was so painful. The tooth got pulled out and the abscess was connected and pulled out with it “ lucky!

Must Read Articles Related to Dental Abscess

Abscess
Abscess An abscess is has several causes and can appear o...learn more >>
Antibiotics
Antibiotics Antibiotics are prescribed to individuals to ...learn more >>
Toothache
Toothache Toothache or tooth pain is caused when the nerve root of a tooth is irritated. Dental (tooth) infection, decay, injury, or loss of a tooth are the most common c...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dental Abscess:

Dental Abscess - Experience

Please describe your experience with dental abscess.

Dental Abscess - Treatment

What was the treatment for your dental abscess?