Diabetes: Care of Blood Sugar Test Supplies
Take care of your supplies so that you can test your blood sugar safely and get the most accurate blood sugar results. These results will be used to evaluate your treatment for diabetes.
Note: Check your meter's accuracy by taking it with you when you have a blood sugar test done at the doctor's office or lab. Prick your finger (or your child's finger, if he or she has diabetes) and test the blood with your meter at the same time the lab test is done. If your meter is accurate, the results should be no more than 20% above or below the lab's results.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
- Combination Treatments for Diabetes
- 20 Reasons for Blood Sugar Spikes
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication