Diabetic Eye Disease (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Even if the patient is not experiencing any symptoms due to diabetes mellitus, the patient should have an annual eye examination by an ophthalmologist (a medical doctor who specializes in eye disease and eye surgery).
If the ophthalmologist notices any significant signs of diabetic eye disease or if the patient requires treatment, exams may need to be scheduled more frequently than annually.
If the patient notes any significant changes in vision other than a mild temporary blurring, they should contact an ophthalmologist immediately.
Must Read Articles Related to Diabetic Eye Disease
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diabetic Eye Disease:
Diabetic Eye Disease - Symptoms
What are the symptoms of your diabetic eye disease?
- Diabetes Can Aggravate Dental Problems
- Diabetes Caregiver Checklist
- The Facts on Gestational Diabetes
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?