Diabetic Eye Disease (cont.)
Questions to Ask the Doctor
- Are there any signs of permanent damage to my eyes from diabetes?
- Is there any significant loss of vision? If so, is this loss of vision permanent?
- Are there any signs of cataracts or glaucoma?
- Do I need any treatment at this time for any problems with my eyes?
- How often do I need to be examined?
Must Read Articles Related to Diabetic Eye Disease
Aerobic exercise is moderate physical activity that's sustained for a few minutes with the goal of improving health. Walking, biking, swimming, dancing, and jog...learn more >>
A cataract clouds the lens of the eye, limiting vision. Historically, cataracts were common among such ancient peoples as the Sumeri, the Egyptians, and the Ind...learn more >>
Diabetic Foot Care
Read about diabetic foot care. Causes of foot problems in people with diabetes include footwear, nerve damage, poor circulation, trauma, infections, and smoking...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diabetic Eye Disease: