Diabetic Ketoacidosis (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
When to call the doctor
When to go to the hospital
People with diabetes should be taken to a hospital's emergency department if they appear significantly ill, dehydrated, confused, or very weak. Other reasons to seek immediate medical treatment include shortness of breath, chest pain, severe abdominal pain with vomiting, or high fever (above 101 F or 38.3 C).
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/29/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Diabetic Ketoacidosis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diabetic Ketoacidosis:
Diabetic Ketoacidosis - Symptoms
What symptoms did you experience with diabetic ketoacidosis?
- Diabetes Can Aggravate Dental Problems
- Diabetes Caregiver Checklist
- The Facts on Gestational Diabetes
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?