Viewer Comments: Diabetic Ketoacidosis - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diabetic Ketoacidosis:

Diabetic Ketoacidosis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with diabetic ketoacidosis?

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 18

I had a very dry mouth and I woke up in the night to drink water. I started vomiting and I thought I caught the flu from my kids. Oops. Three days in ICU.

Comment from: Brett, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 11

I tend to be very sensitive to diabetic ketoacidosis. I have been hospitalized 9 times for this. The past 3 ER visits, my BS were only 250-350. Both the ambulance attendants and ER staff shrugged off my concerns of DKA stating that my sugar was not high enough to put me in DKA. I was vomiting so violently that I had ripped my stomach and throwing up blood. After blood work at the ER it was diagnosed as DKA and showed a high level of acetones.

Must Read Articles Related to Diabetic Ketoacidosis

Electrolytes
Electrolytes Electrolyes including sodium, potassium, and magnesium, are chemicals that help the cells and organs of the body function. Electrolyte imbalance can result from...learn more >>
High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia)
High Blood Sugar (Hyperglycemia) High blood sugar (hyperglycemia) is when the body's blood sugar rises. Blood sugar levels can be measured using a blood glucose meter. Diabetes mellitus is a co...learn more >>
Shock
Shock Medical shock occurs from many illnesses, conditions, or trauma. Types of shock include hypovolemic, hemorrhagic, cardiogenic, neurogenic, hypoglycemic, hypergl...learn more >>