Diarrhea Topic Guide
Diarrhea: Diarrhea can be caused by bacterial or viral infections, parasites, intestinal diseases or conditions, reactions to medications, and food intolerance. Symptoms of diarrhea include watery stools, abdominal cramping, fever, and dehydration. Most cases of diarrhea can be treated at home. In some cases (in the elderly, small children, or those with severe or chronic medical conditions) may need to be hospitalized due to dehydration.
Diet and Nutrition Nutrition and diet is needed for health. Read dietary guidelines, dietary reference intakes, food guide pyramid, calories, carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. A healthy variety of food provides nutrients for health and weight management and weight loss.
Expert Views and News
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu