Diet and Nutrition in Crohn Disease Topic Guide
Diet and Nutrition in Crohn's Disease: Crohn's disease presents many challenges for patients, particularly their dietary and nutritional needs. Some foods may aggravate symptoms, while other foods may not cause problems. Malnutrition is a concern with patients with Crohn's disease. High fiber foods, alcohol, and fatty foods may aggravate symptoms. Often, a TPN or parenteral nutrition or elemental diet may be recommended.
Diet and Nutrition Nutrition and diet is needed for health. Read dietary guidelines, dietary reference intakes, food guide pyramid, calories, carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. A healthy variety of food provides nutrients for health and weight management and weight loss.
Crohn's Disease Resources
- Are You Getting Enough Vitamin B12?
- Creating a Crohn's Disease Diet Plan
- How Much Do You Know About Crohn's Disease?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu