Diet and Nutrition in Crohn Disease Topic Guide
Diet and Nutrition in Crohn's Disease: Crohn's disease presents many challenges for patients, particularly their dietary and nutritional needs. Some foods may aggravate symptoms, while other foods may not cause problems. Malnutrition is a concern with patients with Crohn's disease. High fiber foods, alcohol, and fatty foods may aggravate symptoms. Often, a TPN or parenteral nutrition or elemental diet may be recommended.
Diet and Nutrition Nutrition and diet is needed for health. Read dietary guidelines, dietary reference intakes, food guide pyramid, calories, carbohydrates, protein, fats, vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals. A healthy variety of food provides nutrients for health and weight management and weight loss.
Crohn's Disease Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication