Diet and Nutrition in Crohn Disease Topic Guide
Diet and Nutrition in Crohn's Disease: Crohn's disease presents many challenges for patients, particularly their dietary and nutritional needs. Some foods may aggravate symptoms, while other foods may not cause problems. Malnutrition is a concern with patients with Crohn's disease. High fiber foods, alcohol, and fatty foods may aggravate symptoms. Often, a TPN or parenteral nutrition or elemental diet may be recommended.
Crohn's Disease Medications Crohn's disease medications prescribed for the treatment of the disease, and symptom relief include aspirin like anti-inflammatories, corticosteroids, immunosuppressants, and biologic drugs. Review the list of these drugs and their side effects.
Crohn's Disease Resources
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Creating a Crohn's Disease Diet Plan
- How Much Do You Know About Crohn's Disease?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?