Dilation and Curettage (D&C) Topic Guide
Dilation and Curettage (D&C): The dilation and curettage procedure (D&C). This is a save procedure that a woman may need to have performed for a variety of reasons such as irregular bleeding, bleeding after menopause, uterine fibroids or polyps, or a treatment when the source is already known.
Uterine Fibroids Uterine fibroids are benign tumors (non-cancerous tumors) of a woman's uterus. The exact reason why some women develop uterine fibroids is not known. Obesity, nulliparity, and early menstruation are conditions associated with uterine fibroids. Some of the symptoms of uterine fibroids include irregular vaginal bleeding, constipation, lower abdominal pain, infertility, and more. Treatment of a uterine fibroid depends on the size and location of the fibroid.
Women's Health Resources
- Understand Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- Early Care For Your Premature Baby
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication