Viewer Comments: Dilation and Curettage (D&C) - Reasons

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dilation and Curettage (D&C):

Dilation and Curettage (D&C) - Reasons

What was the reason for your D&C?

Comment from: Jbizee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 21

At 11 weeks, the fetus was very small and the heart stopped. I just needed to end it as soon as possible for my own sanity. My D&C was done 2 days later. It helped me grieve with some type of finality.

Comment from: karenvandi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

Started having heavy periods when in the past they have been very light. The doctor said she was unable to determine whether or not I had endometrial cancer and needed the hysteroscopy and D and C to check further. I have already had a biopsy, but it was inconclusive with precancerous cells. I am a bit nervous, but hope to get this over with and find out one way or the other.

Comment from: babydoll, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

My procedure was due to heavy bleeding and cyst. I had the procedure a week ago; and still have heavy stomach cramps without taking moltrin. I am very concerned; I should be up and about by now. I had my tubes tied 13 years ago; but I do have cyst and fibroids.

Must Read Articles Related to Dilation and Curettage (D&C)

Hysteroscopy
Hysteroscopy A hysteroscopy is a procedure performed in w...learn more >>
Menstrual Cramps
Menstrual Pain Menstrual cramps are either classified as primary dysmenorrhea (painful menstruation) in which there is no anatomical cause for the pain. Secondary dysmenorrhea...learn more >>
Miscarriage
Miscarriage A miscarriage (spontaneous abortion) is a pregnancy that spontaneously ends before the fetus can survive. There are classifications of miscarriage that include ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dilation and Curettage (D&C):

Dilation and Curettage (D&C) - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience prior to your D&C?

Dilation and Curettage (D&C) - Experience

Please describe your experience with D&C.