Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Diverticulitis Medical Treatment
Diverticulosis with symptoms is usually treated as follows. This therapy is designed to soften stools and help them pass faster, which removes the conditions that cause diverticula in the first place.
Treatment for diverticulitis depends on the severity of the condition.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/29/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Diverticulosis and Diverticulitis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis):
Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) - Symptoms
The symptoms of diverticulitis (diverticulosis) can vary greatly from patient to patient. What were your symptoms at the onset of your disease?
Diverticulitis (Diverticulosis) - Surgery Recovery
Please describe your recovery after surgery for diverticulitis.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?