What are home remedies for dizziness?
Dizziness may be a symptom of something dangerous and should always be discussed with a health care professional.
At home, it is recommended for the patient to do the following some home remedies for
mild cases of dizziness include:
- Get plenty to drink, have regular meals, and get plenty of rest.
- Stand up slowly, as this may help dizziness associated with position changes.
- Reassurance can help an anxious person who feels dizzy.
- Make your home safe for a chronically dizzy person.
- Banisters, a walker or cane, and tub mats are safety measures that may help avoid injury to the patient.
- Secure rugs and carpeting to avoid falls.
- A doctor can recommend resources for a professional home-safety consultant visit.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/18/2015
Must Read Articles Related to Dizziness
Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension, fear, or worry. Some fears and worries are justified, such as worry about a loved one. Anxiety may occur without a cause, ...learn more >>
Benign Positional Vertigo
Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery compl...learn more >>
Cluster headache is far less common than migraine headache or tension headache. Cluster headaches begin far more dramatically, however, and remain quite unique ...learn more >>
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dizziness: