Viewer Comments: Dizziness - Describe Your Diagnosis

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dizziness:

Dizziness - Describe Your Diagnosis

Please describe your diagnosis of your dizziness.

Comment from: Frustrated-n-waiting, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I've had severe dizziness on and off for the past 14 years. My first episode occurred at 15 years of age and I am now 29. I recently had my first child, and the lack of sleep from motherhood has only added to my agony of dizziness. Some sites I've been on say that the effects of dizziness (vertigo) are hard to explain, but here are a few of my symptoms: --I feel as though the world is spinning around me --I cannot walk a straight line, as I cannot focus on anything. --Those around me say they constantly see my eyes moving as I try to focus. --I am sensitive to light and more so to sound. Any loud noise, constant base or humming sends me spinning. --I have to watch how I move. If I get up or turn my head too fast, it's triggered. --I have difficulty working out as I find myself getting lightheaded and eventually dizzy. I've been documenting my episodes trying to find a trend, trigger or cause and have yet to find any consistency. The only thing I have noticed is that fatigue increases my chance of having a spell. I want to clarify that these episodes do not last seconds or minutes, but days! I've been to the doctor but feel as though they aren't taking it seriously or aren't aware of how severe these spells are and how seriously it is affecting my life! Finally in April 2009, I was referred to a specialist; however my appointment is not until February 2010! So I'm coping as best as I can for now and am anxiously awaiting and hoping for the help I need.

Comment from: 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 08

I have seen countless doctors and each one gives a different reason and how to fix the problem, but nothing works. It has been more than six years since I first started feeling dizziness, and it scares me that something is seriously wrong that the doctors are missing. In the last two weeks, my symptoms have gotten worse, and I can feel that the small twitch I had when the dizziness first started has now turned into an uncontrollable jerk. I have been trying to hide the problem from my family and friends because I do not want them worrying, but it has gotten to the point that I am not sure if I can pretend to be fine anymore.

Comment from: Female Published: August 27

My 54-year-old son had dizziness. He could not drive. He took all kinds of tests and found nothing. He did some research and found out that he was drinking too much caffeine. He eliminated coffee, coke, etc., from his diet and the dizziness has gone away.

Comment from: Gus1203, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: October 02

Hi, I'm a 28 yr old male. I have been suffering from dizziness and lightheadedness. Another thing is that I've had severe panic attacks in the past. I don't know if this has some relationship with my dizziness. I wake up in the morning and I eat breakfast then about 9am I start feeling dizzy, which lasts all day. I also feel real tired and weak sometimes. I don't know what to do anymore. I'm scared I might drop and get real hurt. I've told my doctor but he says it might be the Lexapro. Now it has been a month that I stopped taking it and I'm still dizzy. I've had blood work done and so far everything came back normal. I don't know what is next. I hope someone here gets better.

Comment from: aaan, 45-54 Female Published: October 02

I am known to get motion sickness but this was different I woke up 1 morning and I was dizzy it felt like my eyes were fluttering back and forth I waited a few days and went to a E.N.T he did a procedure he told me that we have cyrstals in are ears and they were not lined up properly so he did the procedure (there is a name for this not sure what it is called) but I still have the dizzines I cannot lay down on my left side. When I do I am dizzy when I get up it I wait amoment then it hits me like a big pressure sometimes it litarly will feel like someone is pushing me to the side where it knocks me off balance. I do get pain by my left eye sometimes or a very bad headache.. I had being dizzy...

Comment from: carl, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 17

I have been getting dizzy for about 8 years now, on and off. It seems to just come on when it wants. I have seen lots of doctors who all tell me different things to do, but nothing works and no one seems to know why this is happening to me. I don't drink caffeine. I have stopped smoking, and I don't have too much salt in my food. I wish someone could help me with this.

Comment from: patsy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 17

I have had dizzy spells on and off for a while, but now it is almost all the time. The room is not spinning; it is just a little off balance and then darkness starts closing in. If I sit down or lay down, it goes away. I also have an "icy/hot" feeling on my head most of the time and sometimes on my arms and legs. My lips feel numb and my feet feel pins and needles. I've been to a heart doctor and he found nothing wrong.

Must Read Articles Related to Dizziness

Anxiety
Anxiety Anxiety is a feeling of apprehension, fear, or worry. Some fears and worries are justified, such as worry about a loved one. Anxiety may occur without a cause, ...learn more >>
Benign Paroxysmal Positional Vertigo
Benign Positional Vertigo Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one of the most common cause of vertigo. Causes of BPPV include infections, nerve inflammation, ear surgery compl...learn more >>
Cluster Headache
Cluster Headache Cluster headache is far less common than migraine headache or tension headache. Cluster headaches begin far more dramatically, however, and remain quite unique ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Dizziness:

Dizziness - Causes

What caused your dizziness?