Doctors: Specialties and Training (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Continuing Medical Education
Most states require a minimum of 25-50 hours of continuing medical education credits each year. In addition, most physicians regularly read two to three medical journals each month and attend hospital grand rounds lectures and other training and certification courses for new procedures, therapies, and regulations. Many specialty boards now also require that doctors take tests on an ongoing basis to assure that their knowledgebase is up to date.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 1/9/2015
- Being There for Your Child With Type 1 Diabetes
- Your Premature Baby: Milestones for the First 18 Months
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication