Dyslexia Topic Guide
Dyslexia (Reading Disorder): Dyslexia (reading disorder) is the most common learning disability. The cause is thought to be genetic. Dyslexia symptoms vary with the age of the child and can include language delays, difficulty with reading and comprehension, and poor spelling. Early treatment may involve "remediation" which offers strategies to the child to improve deficits, and use of phonics. For older children and adults, "accommodation" for dyslexia adapts curriculum and methods of instruction.
Expert Views and News
Mental Health Resources
- Could I Have Binge Eating Disorder?
- 10 Problem That Could Mean Adult ADHD
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication