Dyslexia Topic Guide
Dyslexia (Reading Disorder): Dyslexia (reading disorder) is the most common learning disability. The cause is thought to be genetic. Dyslexia symptoms vary with the age of the child and can include language delays, difficulty with reading and comprehension, and poor spelling. Early treatment may involve "remediation" which offers strategies to the child to improve deficits, and use of phonics. For older children and adults, "accommodation" for dyslexia adapts curriculum and methods of instruction.
Expert Views and News
Mental Health Resources
- Depression Treatment Tips
- Insurance Coverage for Mental Health Care
- 6 Tips for Getting an ADHD Child to Eat
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?