Dyspepsia is a common condition and usually describes a group of symptoms rather than one predominant symptom. These symptoms include:
Most people will experience some symptoms of dyspepsia within their lifetimes.
Common causes of dyspepsia include:
You can make changes to your lifestyle to help relieve your symptoms of dyspepsia. Here are some things to try:
Treatment depends on what is causing the problem. If no specific cause is found, treatment focuses on relieving symptoms with medicine.
eMedicineHealth Medical Reference from Healthwise
To learn more visit Healthwise.org
© 1995-2014 Healthwise, Incorporated. Healthwise, Healthwise for every health decision, and the Healthwise logo are trademarks of Healthwise, Incorporated.
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu