Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Dysphagia is preventable only to the extent that the underlying condition that caused the dysphagia is preventable. Many chronic neuromuscular conditions and diseases of connective tissue are not preventable.
Symptoms and complications of GERD can be minimized or prevented by medications (see previously).
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/8/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication