Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
It is not possible to predict the prognosis or outlook for dysphagia in general because so many different conditions can be responsible for this symptom. The outlook in each case is dependent upon the reason for the dysphagia and a patient's underlying medical condition(s).
Medically reviewed by Martin E Zipser, MD; American board of Surgery
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/8/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication