Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
The treatment of dysphagia can involve both medical and surgical procedures, and depends upon the underlying condition or reason for the dysphagia. For example, treatment may be directed at an underlying condition such as cancer or stricture due to GERD. Treatment goals are to improve swallowing, to reduce the risk of aspiration, and/or to improve the nutritional status of the affected individual.
Must Read Articles Related to Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Can Baby Catch Eczema?
- How to Get Beautiful, Dandruff-Free Hair