Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
The treatment of dysphagia can involve both medical and surgical procedures, and depends upon the underlying condition or reason for the dysphagia. For example, treatment may be directed at an underlying condition such as cancer or stricture due to GERD. Treatment goals are to improve swallowing, to reduce the risk of aspiration, and/or to improve the nutritional status of the affected individual.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/8/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Dysphagia (Swallowing Problems)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu