Ear, Nose & Throat Center
Dysphagia (Difficulty Swallowing)
Dysphagia means difficulty swallowing. Odynophagia means painful swallowing. Sometimes it is not easy for individuals to distinguish between these two problems. For example, food that sticks in the esophagus can be painful. Is this dysphagia or odynophagia or both? Technically it is dysphagia, but individuals may describe it as painful swallowing (odynophagia).
See the complete A-Z list of all the ear, nose & throat related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Ear, Nose & Throat Related Resources
Ear, Nose & Throat Articles
Ear, Nose & Throat Medications
Ear, Nose & Throat Images and Slideshows
Ear, Nose & Throat Quizzes
Ear, Nose & Throat News
Ear, Nose & Throat A-Z List: Complete Listing of Related Information
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?