Viewer Comments: Earache - Experience

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Earache:

Earache - Experience

Please describe your experience with earache.

Comment from: Kriss, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 27

I have had a dull earache off and on for at least a year. The doctor never sees anything and says I have no ear wax, but I have never had much earwax. Sometimes my ears feel slightly plugged, and I have ringing in my ears most days. Some days the ringing is more noticeable than others. I have no toothaches (have heard tooth problems can cause ear pain).

Comment from: Liam, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: August 12

I woke up at three in the morning and my inner ear in my left ear really hurt. I took some ibuprofen and I'm just waiting it out. I leave for Istanbul in one day and I don't want this to be an infection.

Related Reading: ibuprofen

Must Read Articles Related to Earache

Antibiotics
Antibiotics Antibiotics are prescribed to individuals to cure disease by killing bacteria. There are over 100 antibiotics. The main classes of antibiotics include penicilli...learn more >>
Colds
Colds The cold is the most commonly occurring illness in the entire world, with more than 1 billion colds per year reported in the United States alone. Symptoms and s...learn more >>
Foreign Body, Ear
Foreign Body, Ear Getting an object stuck in the ear is a relatively common problem, especially in toddlers. The vast majority of items are lodged in the ear canal, which is the ...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Earache:

Earache - Causes

What was the cause of your earache?

Earache - Treatment

What treatment was effective for your earache?