IN THIS ARTICLE
A doctor can diagnose earwax blockage (or eardrum perforation) by listening to the patient's symptoms and then looking into the ear with an otoscope (ear-scope).
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 5/17/2013
Gayle M Galletta, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Earwax
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Earwax:
Earwax - Treatment
What has effectively removed your earwax buildup?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?