Earwax Topic Guide
Earwax: Earwax, or cerumen, is a substance produced by the glands in the outer ear. Earwax has a purpose, and that is to trap dust and other small particles and prevent them from potentially damaging the eardrum. Causes of earwax buildup include using Q tips or other objects to remove earwax. Symptoms of earwax buildup include decreased hearing, a fullness or plugged feeling in the ear, ear pain, dizziness, or ringing in the ear. Medication (drops) and earwax removal by your healthcare provider are treatments for earwax buildup.
Must Read Articles:
Foreign Body, Ear Getting an object stuck in the ear is a relatively common problem, especially in toddlers. The vast majority of items are lodged in the ear canal, which is the small ...
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Your Common Drug Questions Answered
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?