IN THIS ARTICLE
Just as there were no tests to predict or prevent eclampsia, there are no tests to predict whether preeclampsia or eclampsia will recur in a subsequent pregnancy. Unfortunately, in a small number of women, preeclampsia and/or eclampsia will recur. This chance seems to increase if preeclampsia or eclampsia was particularly severe or occurred very early in pregnancy (late second trimester or early third trimester). Although, there are no tests to predict this occurring, you should be followed more closely during a subsequent pregnancy.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/7/2012
Pregnancy and Parenting Resources
- 10 Tips to Soothe a Crying Baby
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Does Insurance Cover?
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?