Elbow Dislocation (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Prevention of Elbow Dislocation
Do not fall on the outstretched arm; if possible, try to put the body and extremities into a ball shape and roll if the fall is unavoidable. Avoid situations that would make falls more common (such as walking at night or being around slippery floors). Many clinicians warn against having "throw" rugs on wood or tile floors as they frequently cause falls.
Do not attempt to pick up or swing a child by their arm to avoid causing nursemaid's elbow.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/1/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Elbow Dislocation
Pain and Injury Resources
- 18 Tips to Keep Your Joints Healthy
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Are You Taking Too Many Pain Meds?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu