Viewer Comments: Endometrial Cancer - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Endometrial Cancer:

Endometrial Cancer - Symptoms

What were your symptoms of endometrial cancer?

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I was 58 and had my period until I was 56. Then nothing for almost 2 years and then I had some light pink discharge which then progressed to a watery discharge over a period of about 4 or 5 months. Most distinctive was an odor that was present even an hour after showering. I had a normal pap. I had an ultrasound which showed that the lining of my uterus was 40 times the normal thickness. 2 months later I had a total hysterectomy. That was 18 months ago and I feel good but I am anxious every time I go for follow-up. My cancer was a grade 3, which makes it more likely to reoccur.

Comment from: dosido, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

I have just recently been diagnosed. Initially, I had a very slight pinkish discharge, mostly after urinating. I associated the bleeding with that. The second time was a week ago. The most overwhelming symptom was unexplainable tiredness. I was unable to accomplish very, very little. I went to my primary care doctor who took blood work and did a urinalysis. Results came back showing nothing like anemia or infection. I then went to a scheduled appointment with my rheumatologist who had just gone through a breast cancer episode and told me that she had experienced that same kind of exhaustion. She urged me to get it checked out. I did. It's stage 2 endometrial cancer. I will see surgeon at the end of the week and, hopefully, have a total hysterectomy and removal of lymph nodes early the following week. It is the waiting that is so very difficult.

Comment from: suziq, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I was almost menopausal, so I thought that the excessive bleeding that I was experiencing was normal for menopause. My bleeding was a lot at first. Then the number of days was longer than a normal menstrual cycle. It would last for two weeks, then stop for a week, then reoccur for another week, then stop, on and on. It felt as if I was on a period more days than off. A good friend of mine told me that it just wasn't normal, to go in to see my gynecologist. I did, and the found a large polyp that needed to be removed in the hospital because of its size.

Comment from: j9bythesea, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

It started with some pinkish discharge and little light pink clots over 2 months ago. It progressed to heavier flow and awful big ugly clots and bright red blood. I had experienced the exact same thing seven yrs ago when I was 50, and it dissipated on its own after 2months, so I figured this was more of the same. Both times, the pap smears were normal (which goes to show you don't trust a good Pap report). But this time, I just had that feeling of "You better get this checked out," thinking it might be polyps or fibroids. Thank goodness I did. I'm awaiting my first visit with the Oncology/Gyn and hope to have surgery for this stage 1 CA very soon.

Must Read Articles Related to Endometrial Cancer

Dilation and Curettage (D&C)
Dilation and Curettage (D&C) The dilation and curettage procedure (D&C). This is a save procedure that a woman may need to have performed for a variety of reasons such as irregular bleeding...learn more >>