IN THIS ARTICLE
If treatment with medications does not work or is not appropriate for a woman, surgery can be considered if she has severe pain or severe damage to the pelvic structures.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/2/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Endometriosis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Endometriosis:
Endometriosis - Cause
What was the cause of your endometriosis?
Endometriosis - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your endometriosis?
Endometriosis - Treatment
What was the treatment for your endometriosis?
Women's Health Resources
- What to Know Before You Get Pregnant
- How to Prevent Yeast Infections
- Your Guide to a Healthy Pregnancy
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?