IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Because endometriosis is a chronic disease, it may come on gradually. A woman will want to schedule regular care with a women's care clinician or gynecologist (a physician who specializes in women's sexual organs). If the woman's pain changes dramatically over a short period of time or unexpected symptoms develop, it is reasonable to go to a hospital emergency department.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 9/3/2015
YOU MAY ALSO LIKE
Must Read Articles Related to Endometriosis
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Endometriosis:
Endometriosis - Treatment
What was the treatment for your endometriosis?
Endometriosis - Cause
What was the cause of your endometriosis?
Endometriosis - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your endometriosis?
Women's Health Resources
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Are We Close to a Cure for Cancer?
- Your Pre-Pregnancy Checklist
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication