Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Enlarged Spleen Causes
The causes of splenomegaly vary widely and range from malignancy (cancers), infections, congestion (increased blood flow), infiltration of the spleen from other diseases, inflammatory conditions, and blood cell diseases.
Some of the most common causes of an enlarged spleen include the following:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/2/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly)
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly):
Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your enlarged spleen?
Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) - Causes
What caused your enlarged spleen?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication