Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care
Generally, people with splenomegaly may be cared for by the physician who is managing the underlying cause. For example, hematologists (doctors who specialize in treating blood disorders), oncologists (cancer specialists), and gastroenterologists (liver and digestive tract specialists) all commonly take care of patients who may have enlarged spleen as a response to another condition.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/2/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly)
Patient Comments & Reviews
The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly):
Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) - Symptoms
What were the symptoms of your enlarged spleen?
Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) - Causes
What caused your enlarged spleen?
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication