Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
The treatment of splenomegaly essentially depends on the cause of it.
In many conditions, the spleen enlarges a result of performing its normal physiologic function in response to another medical condition, for example, cirrhosis. The main objective is then not necessarily to improve splenomegaly that is a consequence of the disease, but to treat the underlying cause, such as cirrhosis.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/2/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?