Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly) (cont.)
IN THIS ARTICLE
Enlarged Spleen Complications
Most of the complications of splenomegaly are related to the underlying medical condition responsible for it. Overwhelming infections can be a serious complication. Splenic rupture or hemorrhage due to trauma are also possible complications of an enlarged spleen.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 6/2/2014
Must Read Articles Related to Enlarged Spleen (Splenomegaly)
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?