Viewer Comments: Epilepsy - Symptoms

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epilepsy:

Epilepsy - Symptoms

What are your epilepsy symptoms and signs?

Comment from: 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

I have seizures if I haven't had proper sleep or when I am very stressed.

Comment from: Irene, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

I started having seizures at the age of 14. The doctors here say that don't know what it is exactly that I have but it seems like epilepsy. At the beginning my head used to twitch just to one side and I felt my hands shaking but I couldn't call for help then I would black-out. I would wake-up back about 30 to 45 minutes later realizing I've bitten my tongue and also wet myself. Severe headaches would follow the remainder of the day.

Must Read Articles Related to Epilepsy

Periodic Limb Movement Disorder
Periodic Limb Movement Disorder Periodic limb movement disorder (PLMD) is repetitive cramping or jerking of the legs during sleep. It is the only movement disorder that occurs only during slee...learn more >>
Seizures and Fever
Seizures and Fever Febrile seizures, also known as convulsions, body spasms, or shaking, occur mainly in children and are caused by fever. (Febrile is derived from the Latin febri...learn more >>
Seizures Emergencies
Seizures Emergencies Seizures refer to uncontrolled electrical activity in the brain. Symptoms of seizures range from mild to severe and can lead to death. A number of factors can l...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Epilepsy:

Epilepsy - Experience

Please describe your experience with epilepsy

Epilepsy (Seizure Disorder) - Effective Treatments

Please describe effective treatments with epilepsy (seizure disorder).