IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care for Esophagitis
If you are experiencing chest pain that lasts more than a few minutes, especially if accompanied with shortness of breath or sweating, or if reflux symptoms are accompanied with fever, shortness of breath, excessive coughing, choking, or vomiting, call 911 immediately or activate the medical emergency response in your area and seek emergency care immediately.
If your symptoms are mild but have persisted for more than a few days, contact a health care practitioner.
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Esophagitis
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Could Your Symptoms Be Lactose Intolerance?
- How to Save Money on Health Care
- Heartburn & Indigestion: Expert Answers
- Symptoms of a Severe Allergic Reaction
- Breast Cancer Treatment Options
- Is Your Body Ready for Pregnancy?