IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care for Esophagitis
If you are experiencing chest pain that lasts more than a few minutes, especially if accompanied with shortness of breath or sweating, or if reflux symptoms are accompanied with fever, shortness of breath, excessive coughing, choking, or vomiting, call 911 immediately or activate the medical emergency response in your area and seek emergency care immediately.
If your symptoms are mild but have persisted for more than a few days, contact a health care practitioner.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/15/2014
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Esophagitis
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication