IN THIS ARTICLE
When to Seek Medical Care for Esophagitis
If you are experiencing chest pain that lasts more than a few minutes, especially if accompanied with shortness of breath or sweating, or if reflux symptoms are accompanied with fever, shortness of breath, excessive coughing, choking, or vomiting, call 911 immediately or activate the medical emergency response in your area and seek emergency care immediately.
If your symptoms are mild but have persisted for more than a few days, contact a health care practitioner.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/15/2014
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Esophagitis
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu