IN THIS ARTICLE
Once the doctor has performed a thorough physical examination and reviewed the patient's medical history, medications may be prescribed to alleviate symptoms. If medications do not work, a doctor may refer the patient to a gastroenterologist, a physician who specializes in gastrointestinal disorders.
The gastroenterologist may recommend specialized tests to look for the cause and extent of the esophagitis. These tests include:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/15/2014
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Esophagitis
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- 9 Questions to Ask Before Having Surgery
- Your Treatment Options for Constipation
- Early Care for Your Premature Baby
- What to Eat When You Have Cancer
- When to Take More Pain Medication