IN THIS ARTICLE
Once the doctor has performed a thorough physical examination and reviewed the patient's medical history, medications may be prescribed to alleviate symptoms. If medications do not work, a doctor may refer the patient to a gastroenterologist, a physician who specializes in gastrointestinal disorders.
The gastroenterologist may recommend specialized tests to look for the cause and extent of the esophagitis. These tests include:
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 12/15/2014
Bhupinder Anand, MD
Must Read Articles Related to Esophagitis
Digestive Disorders Resources
- Are Antidiarrheals Safe for IBS?
- Is It Okay to Take a Stool Softener Every Day?
- Can Apple Cider Vinegar Help Digestion?
- How Well Are You Living With AFib?
- How Well Are You Managing Your MS?
- Soothe Your Child's Cold or Flu