Viewer Comments: Eye Pain - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Eye Pain:

Eye Pain - Causes

What caused your eye pain?

Comment from: JoR, 55-64 Female Published: July 06

I have a sharp stabbing pain in my left eye when I bend over. Just began last night. No change in vision and not every time I bend over. But painful enough to really take notice.

Comment from: Ellie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 14

I have glaucoma and I'm only 20 I've been in and out of the hospital for all my life with uvitus which then developed into secondary glaucoma. I had the big operation (that I can't remember the name of) about a year ago. Everything went well, but then I was told I have a cataract forming.

Comment from: scotchie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 22

I was in San Antonio on a very hot day. While on (vacation) I had a soda with ice at a noon meal. I sipped through a straw. I couldn't stand the pain in my eye. I had to stop drinking it. Later I had a glass of ice water. I could not drink it through a straw as it hurt so much it brought tears to my eye. It also happened with another cold drink, as long as I drank it out of the glass it was ok, but with a straw it was too painful. It was similar to an "ice cream headache" except worse. Otherwise I am in excellent health.

Comment from: tywon, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 30

I got punched in eye. It is not a black eye, but it's pink and feels like something is stabbing me in eye.

Must Read Articles Related to Eye Pain

Corneal Abrasion
Corneal Abrasion A corneal abrasion is a painful scrape o...learn more >>
Corneal Flash Burns
Corneal Flash Burns The clear cornea at the front of the eye absorbs most of the ultraviolet light that enters the eye. Because of this role, the cornea is susceptible to damage fr...learn more >>
Dry Eye Syndrome
Dry Eye Syndrome Dry eye syndrome is a disruption of the normal mix of tear layers that coats and lubricates the eye. The condition is most common in people over 40 years of age...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Eye Pain:

Eye Pain - Symptoms

What other symptoms do you get with eye pain?

Eye Pain - Home Remedies

Have you tried any home remedies for eye pain that worked?

Eye Pain - Diagnosis

What tests did the doctor do to diagnose your eye pain?

Eye Pain - Treatment

What was the treatment for your eye pain?